Servers and Hosts
Suite Fire Bar & Grille
Suite Fire Bar & Grille, located inside Holiday Inn & Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie, is seeking friendly and outgoing individuals for our open Servers and Hosts positions. Petersen Hotels offers flexible scheduling, perfect for during the school year or if you have another job. FOH experience preferred, but we will train the right person.
Food and Beverage Server Duties and Responsibilities
In order to ensure satisfactory service for all patrons, Suite Fire Servers and Hosts perform many different tasks in addition to serving food and drinks. Tasks such as setting up tables, removing used dishes and preparing simple dishes. Servers and Hosts are considered the face of the restaurant and have a considerable influence on its patron’s experience. Suite Fire employees must maintain a professional and friendly demeanor and offer timely assistance to patrons.
Primary Responsibilities and Expectations
• Recording guest reservation requests in the daily log.
• Taking any orders for indoor dining, to go orders, and room service.
• Entering and closing orders in the POS system.
• Seating indoor dining guests in a timely manner upon arrival.
• Daily prep tasks including, but not limited to making salads, making salad dressings, ensuring the server and host areas are fully stocked.
• Reporting any low inventory items to the supervisor for ordering.
• Presenting menus to guests, offering suggestions, and answering questions pertaining to the Suite Fire menu.
• Responsible for taking guest food and beverage orders, and effectively communicating any special requests to the culinary staff.
• Responsible for bringing orders from the kitchen to customers and keeping beverages filled.
• Offer timely assistance to guests, ensuring that their needs are met, resolving any issues and reporting all complaints to the appropriate department manager to ensure proper follow up.
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness, and safety are maintained throughout the restaurant at all times.
• Assisting with guests special dietary needs and Up-selling available specialty items.
• Checking guest ID’s when alcohol is ordered to ensure guest is of legal drinking age.
• Clearing tables of all plates, cups, and flatware after a party leaves, properly wiping down and sanitizing tables and chairs.
• Assisting with hosting needs as necessary.
• Attends Suite Fire team member meetings
• Sweep and mop restaurant and bar area and remove all trash daily.
• Maintain a professional and respectful image at all times through appearance, dress, and actions.
• Maintain a positive attitude while at the hotel and when representing the hotel off premises.
• Refrain from disrespectful words and actions towards guests, fellow employees, and supervisors.
• Follow all company and hotel brand policies and procedures.
• Follow all county and state health department regulations.
• Any other duties assigned by a supervisor or management.
• Complete all food training, safety, sanitation, and accident prevention online courses.
• Must be able to carry trays of food weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Must be able to stand frequently throughout the shift
• Must have a passion for customer service
• Detail oriented
• Works well under stress
• ServSafe/IL Food Handlers certification preferred, but not required at time of hire
HOURS OF OPERATION
AM (6a-11a) 7 Days a Week
PM (2:30-11) Tuesday – Saturday
Servers $12/hr + TIPS
*we offer competitive pay based on experience
Time and a half holiday pay
Optional medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for part and full-time positions
Paid Time Off for part and full-time positions
Discounted rates at IHG hotels and resorts
401K Retirement Plan
Opportunities for advancement
On-site training programs
Click on the link to APPLY or visit Holiday Inn & Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie’s Front Desk and request an application. DIRECTIONS/MAP