Housekeeping Team Leader
Whether guests are traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week, the Housekeeping Team Leader makes sure their room is exceptionally clean so guests can rest easy. Wingate by Wyndham Peoria at Grand Prairie is seeking a detail oriented Housekeeping Team Leader to join our hospitality team.
In addition to housekeeping duties, a Housekeeping Team Leader supervises room and laundry attendants on shift, conducts all room inspections and redirection as needed, and coordinates supply needs with laundry attendants. This is a full-time position.
Responsibilities and Expectations
• Supervises room and laundry attendants on shift
• Conducts all room inspections and redirection as needed
• Coordinates supply needs with laundry attendants.
• Clean and stock guest rooms and public areas in a timely organized manner according to procedures and brand and company standards.
• Clean rooms in accordance to specific brand and company standards including but not limited to making beds, cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming carpet and dusting furniture.
• Operate housekeeping equipment in a correct and safe manner.
• Utilize proper cleaning supplies and quantity of cleaning supply in accordance with brand and company standards.
• Maintain terry/linen and supply carts in a neat and organized manner.
• Replenish supplies and restock shelves and carts as needed.
• Report lost and found items to supervisor.
• Transport trash and waste to disposal area.
• Report needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
• Responsible for proper administration of key control for issued keys or keys left by guests in room.
• Operate washing machines and dryers according to recommended capacity and other manufacturers’ guidelines. Ensures chemicals are added in the correct quantities prior to wash cycle.
• Sort dirty terry/linen according to type prior to washing.
• Handle contaminated terry/linen per company, brand, and OSHA standards.
• Fold clean terry/linen and store as appropriate.
• Monitor condition of terry/linen.
• Assist in daily terry/linen counts for inventory purposes.
• Inform supervisor of malfunctioning equipment.
• Perform deep cleaning and routine maintenance as assigned.
• Respond quickly to guest requests in a professional manner. Report all concerns, complaints or requests to appropriate department. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Maintain a professional and respectful image at all times through appearance, dress and actions.
• Maintain a positive attitude while at the hotel and when representing the hotel off the premises.
• Refrain from disrespectful words and actions towards guests, fellow employees and supervisors.
• Follow all company and hotel brand policies and procedures.
• Other duties assigned by supervisor or management.
• Lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Push or pull objects weight up to 50 pounds..
• Must be able to stand, stoop or bend frequently throughout the day
• Reaching and grasping with arms and hands, including reaching above shoulder level.
• Working with equipment to perform procedures where carelessness could result in minor cuts, bruises or muscle pulls
• Possible exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity
Housekeeping Team Leader position is supervised by the General Manager
$12/hr + benefits
*we offer competitive pay based on experience
- Time and a half holiday pay
- Optional medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for part and full-time positions
- Paid Time Off for part and full-time positions
- Discounted rates at any of our hotels
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Opportunities for advancement
- On-site training programs
- Flexible schedules
- Career stability
Click on the link to APPLY or visit our hotel’s Front Desk and request an application.