Holiday Inn & Suites
Grand Prairie Ballroom
A Banquet Server serves, monitors, and tends to event guests, ensuring a pleasant and efficient experience in a clean event space.
The Holiday Inn & Suites Peoria, Grand Prairie Ballroom is seeking friendly, out-going Banquet Server to join our hospitality team. Flexible part-time schedules work with your school, job or childcare needs. Petersen Hotels offers competitive pay based on experience, plus, on-site training.
• Review Floor Plans, Event Agendas, and Event Orders for event details.
• Set up gusts tables and food & beverage stations prior to guest arriving for service.
• Welcome guests as the enter Pre-Function Area and Ballroom.
• Keep event space clean by wiping, sweeping and/or mopping according to established standards.
• Keep tables and trays clear of clutter, excess food, and dirt dishes/glassware.
• Greet guests and accommodate special request as needed.
• Must possess a valid, up-to-date IL Food Handler’s certification.
• Run food and beverage items to Ballroom from kitchen upon demand.
• Carry trays of salads, entrees, and desserts for plated meal service.
• Able to work in a fast pace environment.
• Assist other staff members while working in a team setting.
• Maintain a clean working environment in all back of house areas.
• Complete all shift & inventory checklists.
• All flatware and glassware must be polished prior to setting guest tables.
• Respond quickly to guest requests in a professional manner. Report all complaints or requests to appropriate department. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Follow all clean up and teardown procedures according to department standards.
• Assist in room flips and setups following an event.
• Maintain a professional and respectful image at all times through appearance , dress and actions.
• Maintain a positive attitude while at the hotel and when representing the hotel off the premises.
• Refrain from disrespectful words and actions towards guest, fellow employees and supervisors.
• Refrain from sharing wage, gratuity, and raise information with fellow employees.
• Follow all Petersen Company and IHG procedures.
• Follow all county and state health department regulations
• Other duties assigned by supervisor or management.
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Push or pull objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Stop or band frequently throughout the day.
- Reaching and grasping with arms and hands, including reaching above shoulder level.
- Working with equipment to perform procedures where carelessness could result in minor cuts, bruises, or muscle pulls.
- Possible exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity.
- Must be able to visually and auditory communicate with colleagues and guests.
The Banquet Server reports to: Event Manager, Event Coordinator, Managers on Duty
$12/hr + benefits
*we offer competitive pay based on experience
Special Notes of Interest:
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of this position. Deliberate and willful violation of these reasonable responsibilities and expectations may result in termination.
Competitive compensation based on experience
Time and a half holiday pay
Optional medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for part and full-time positions
Paid Time Off for part and full-time positions
Discounted rates at any of our hotels
401K Retirement Plan
Opportunities for advancement
On-site training programs
Sound like you? Click on the link to APPLY or visit Holiday Inn & Suites Peoria at Grand Prairie’s Front Desk and request an application (DIRECTIONS/MAP)